The Cayman Islands
For many brides-to-be, getting married on a beach is their ultimate dream. Cayman Islands is the perfect choice for couples wanting a relaxing beach wedding in a picturesque town surrounded by turquoise waters. Cayman Islands is made up of three islands: Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. The largest being Grand Cayman which is approximately 22 miles long and eight miles wide, with a population of approximately 55,000. We are located about 150 miles south of Cuba or 180 miles northwest of Jamaica.
It is home to 11 different beaches including one of the most popular beaches in the world, award-winning Seven Mile Beach. It’s known as the culinary capital of the Caribbean, and also known as the safest and most welcoming island. We can’t wait for you to visit and see for yourself everything this island has to offer!
Couples love to get married in Cayman Islands due to its easy process and little planning required. Unlike other country’s tough requirements, you can get married the same day you arrive to the Cayman Islands! There is no waiting or residency period if all your legal paperwork has been filled out.
YOU WILL NEED:
1. Proof of Identity: Passport, an original/certified copy of birth certificate or drivers license along with photo ID.
2. Cayman Islands International Embarkation/Disembarkation card (airlines), or cruise ship's boarding pass.
3. Two witnesses over the age of 18.
4. In Cayman, 18 is the minimum legal age with out parental consent or 16 with parental consent
5. If applicable, you will need to bring an original or certified copies of divorce decree or death certificate. (A notarized translation if the document is not in English)
6. Marriage must take place between 6am and 8pm.
(For cruise shippers make sure you are on Cayman time not the ships time)
THINGS TO DO
TOP ACTIVITIES IN CAYMAN ISLANDS
SWIM WITH STINGRAYS AT STINGRAY CITY
PADDLE BOARD ON SEVEN MILE BEACH
VISIT THE TURTLE CENTRE
VIEW STARFISH AT STARFISH POINT
EXPLORE THE CAYMAN CRYSTAL CAVES
SHOP DUTY FREE IN GEORGE TOWN
EAT OUTSTANDING CARIBBEAN FOOD